Sunday, October 4, 2009

AT66ED and a Full Moon...

I recieved my new little refractor two days after my buddy Brandon finished my mounting plate, so I could hardly wait to try out both the new pier and refractor. But as timing would have it, the moon is full and bright as it can be this week and of course, "The Anything New Astronomy Equipment" curse of clouds and rain soon followed... I did managed to snap a couple of images between the clouds though. The first night I found out that I had a slight mounting plate glitch. The Alzmuth bolt would slip during polar alignment so I could not take very long subs.

M27
35x60sec. un-guided
AT66ED
EQ-6 (EQmod)
DSIc



M45
15x170sec. un-guided
AT66ED
EQ-6(EQmod)
DSIc
.5X Reducer


I hope to get perfect polar alignment soon. I'm very close East and West, but I need to spend more time making adjustments, especially North and South.

Clear Skies!

No comments: