Saturday, August 22, 2009

DSO'S at F/12



After several months of hibernating, I decided to dust off the imaging rig and snap of few DSO's. But instead of using the 10" reflector, I mounted the 5" mak beside my new 80mm guide scope.

The main purpose for using the mak, was to see how it would perform at long exposures before I put it up for sale and help fund an APO Refractor, well, if the CEO lets me... I think it did pretty well considering the short 1 min. exposures and no focusing mask. With a better polar alignment, I could easily have lengthened the subs to 4-5 min.
Maybe I'll try again tonight... :)

Equipment used:

Cameras
Meade DSIc
Philips unmodified Web Cam

OTA's
Orion 127mm Mak (For Sale)
Meade 80mm Achro

Mount
EQ-6 powered by EQMOD

Conditions: Temp 65F., Wind 0-5MPH, Seeing 2/5, Trans. 3/5, Clear

M13
20X60sec. Monochrome

M57
25X60sec.

No comments: