Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Early Morning Jupiter & Luna





I finally had the opportunity to image Jupiter with the GRS on the earth side of the planet and I must say, it was one of my most difficult images to capture! Once this giant gas ball cleared our trees, as usual, things went down hill in a hurry... I'm not saying I regret the session, especially after all the terrible weather we've been having for over a month! I'm just saying things could have been better. To make a long story short, these images were captured through thick high clouds, 2/5 seeing and using my wife's hair dryer to keep the dew from totally soaking the lens. I'm talking 97% humidity, dew point of 66 and the air temp of 65 deg. Yup! it was starting to fog like nobody's business! I was was wore out after 56 2-3 minute captures on both the planet and on the moon. With that being said, here is the best I could muster up 3AM Sunday morning...

No comments: